South Florida is currently having a very dangerous Jellyfish issue that we want to make dog owners aware of. Literally, every foot in our waterways there is a jelly fish and these sea creatures are extremely dangerous and can seriously harm or even kill your dog. It is advisable to avoid the water until this infestation of jellyfish clears.
Jellyfish stings are highly venomous and extremely painful. If stung, avoid rubbing the area, adding fresh water, alcohol, spirits or urine to the area. This can actually encourage the release of additional venom. To help alleviate the pain, add vinegar, salt water or baking soda paste to the area, this will help with the removal of the venom. If your dog is stung, take your dog immediately to the veterinarian for treatment.