Earth Day 2012 is this Sunday, April 22nd. All of us at DOGZAR are very excited to celebrate Earth Day with our dogs by doing something special that shows that we LOVE EARTH and are making efforts everyday to SAVE EARTH. Make some resolutions that start this weekend and will continue on throughout the year.
1. Buy and use ONLY biodegradable poop waste bags.
2. Purchase products or services that are manufactured by green companies that ONLY use Eco Friendly practices and use ONLY sustainable materials for their products.
3. Donate gently used dog toys, blankets, beds, leashes to local shelters or to people that are in need and cannot afford to purchase brand new items for their dogs.
4. Every Earth Day plant a tree with your dog. Before you know it, there will be big, beautiful trees all over town (and wonderful memories with you and your dog)!
5. Stop using bottled water and purchase a water filtration system to provide your dog with clean, fresh drinking water.
6. Replace ALL of your old conventional light bulbs (and fluorescent bulbs) throughout your home and office with LED bulbs which do not contain any toxic mercury chemicals, are more energy efficient and helps you save money.
7. When walking with your dog on the street, at the park, at the beach . . . if you see garbage . . . pick it up and throw it away!
8. Recycle ALL or your waste. If your community has recycling available utilize it! Some communities are now even offering a financial benefit by using their recycling program – yes, recycle and receive money!
9. Make this weekend pee pee pad free. Instead, take your dog outside – enjoy each others company and shrink the landfills!
10. Unfortunately at this time, smoking cigarettes is legal and a personal choice. If your dog had a voice, they would BEG you to stop smoking. Second-hand and third-hand smoke kills dogs too, not just people! So please – save your lungs, your dogs lungs and the environment and stop smoking on Earth Day.
Happy Earth Day! LOVE EARTH ~ SAVE EARTH! DOGZAR ®